Put down that diet coke and never ever pick it up again.
I loved drinking diet coke. 0 calories from something that could make you feel full for a couple of hours was a huge attraction to me. I would have about 2 a day and absolutely loved them.
I have not picked up a diet coke in the last year. I’ve learned some things about diet coke, specifically aspartame that have literally made me feel ill when I hear the words diet coke.
But it’s on the shelves and in commercials so it has to be good for us! It’s on the shelves because too many careless people are profiting from it. (but that’s a whole different story)
Let’s get down to what you need to know:
1) The dangers of aspartames are still unknown (which should be enough to scare you)
2) Ottawa.ctv.ca Study ties diet soda to strokes and heart attack
3) * According to the said Law aspartame gives rise to a total of 75% of the negative effects reflected in consumers and other users according to the north American administration of food and alimentation, among others, brain tumours, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s and diabetes among others.
4) FoodConsumer.org The study led by Hannah Gardener, Sc.D. at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine in Miami, Fla. and colleagues found men and women who drank diet soda every day were at 61 percent increased risk of vascular events or stroke compared with those who did not use soda.
5 ) FoodConsumer.org The increase in the risk of experiencing a stroke was 48 percent higher in the diet soda drinkers than those who did not consume diet soda.
6) FoodConsumer.org Aspartame has been linked to damaged kidney functions and headache among other things, according to Naturalnews.com, which also reported that the manufacturer of aspartame changed the sweetener’s name to AminoSweet to avoid its bad publicity.
7) JournalAdvocate.com The ingredients in aspartame include aspartic acid, phenylalanine, and methyl alcohol. Do you remember from high school science that methyl alcohol is poisonous to the body? When methyl alcohol breaks down in high temperatures it turns into FORMALDEHYDE and DKP (diketopiprazine). These are two highly toxic chemicals that adversely affect the nervous system.
The symptoms caused by aspartame are similar to multiple sclerosis and Alzheimer`s disease. An increase in brain tumours is also linked to the use of artificial sweeteners.
Every time I think of aspartame I think of formaldehyde going into my body and not coming out. Millions of people spend hours working out, eating healthy, consume low fat foods and then pick up a can full of chemicals that can do serious damage to the body. Is it worth it to you?
For more information on Aspartame and other food dangers Please check out: Sweet Poison: How the World’s Most Popular Artificial Sweetener Is Killing Us – My Story
Here is another great recent article about the dangers of diet soda. Check it out for some more startling facts and opinions about whether or not diet soda should be banned. ==> http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/318813
Get Lark’s Posts Delivered… Free!